What Are the Most Important Properties of the Triangle in the World of Mathematics?
In the world of geometry and mathematics triangle is considered to be a three-sided polygon that will consist of three edges and three vertices and the most important property of the triangle is the sum of interior angles will be equal to 180°. This is also known as the angle sum property of the triangle about which every kid should be very much clear about since day one.
Triangle is a polygon with three sides and two sides will be joined to each other to call the vertex of the triangle. The angle will always be formed between two sides at which is considered to be one of the most important components of the battery. Several kinds of major concepts like Pythagoras theorem, trigonometry and several other kinds of things are very easily based upon properties of triangle which is the main reason that people need to be clear about such things very efficiently since day one. The shape of the triangle is a closed two-dimensional shape and this is the three-sided polygon that is made up of the straight line very easily. There will be three angles in a triangle in the singles will always be formed by two sides of the triangle which will be meeting at a common point known as the vertex.
Following are the most important properties of the triangle:
- The triangle will be having three sides and three angles
- The sum of the angles of the triangle will always be 180°
- The exterior angles of the triangle will always add up to 360°
- The sum of consecutive interior and exterior angles will be supplementary
- The sum of the length of any two sides of the triangle will be greater than the length of the third side
- The difference between the length of any two sides of the triangle will be less than the length of the third side
- The shortest side will always be opposite to the smallest indeed an angle and similarly, the longest side will always be opposite to be the largest interior angle of the triangle.
Apart from the basic properties it is also very much important for the kids to be clear about different kinds of categories of the triangles and some of those basic categories are very easily explained as follows:
- A triangle in which all three sides will be different in terms of measurement is known as the scalene triangle
- A triangle in which two sides will be of equal length will be known as the Isosceles triangle and in this case, two angles will also be equal
- A triangle that has all three angles equal will be known as the equilateral triangle
- A triangle that has all angles of less than 90 degrees will be known as the acute-angled triangle
- The triangle which has at least one of the angles equal to 90 degrees then it will be known as the right-angled triangle.
- The triangle which has any angles more than 90 degrees will be known as the obtuse-angled triangle.
The formulas of triangles have been explained as follows:
- Perimeter: The sum of all the sides is known as the perimeter of the triangle.
- Area: Half of the product of base into height is known as the area of the triangle.
People can also go with the option of calculating the area of the triangle with Heron’s formula which is further very easy to implement. For this purpose, people need to calculate the semi perimeter so that efficient calculations can be indulged into the whole process.
Hence, depending on official platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people will have a good command over the whole thing like triangles. The people also need to be clear about the formulas like perimeter of triangle and the area of the triangle. In this way, people can make the most accurate decisions which will allow them to deal with things professionally.