Tips for Keeping Your Home Healthy
A good number of us spend half of our lives inside our houses, and without knowing it, we create a strong connection between our health and the house. As a result, we should strive to create a healthy and safe environment within our homes for comfortable living.
This guide contains a few tips on how you can keep your home healthy.
Tips for Keeping Your Home Healthy
Here are a few simple and smart tips you can use to create a healthy living environment within your home.
Keep It Dry
Have you ever lived in a house with a leaking roof or pipes? How was your experience? Well, if you’ve never found yourself in such a situation, count yourself lucky.
Generally, a leaking house, whether from the roof, interior plumbing pipes or poor drainage, predisposes your home to damp and mouldy conditions. If you are living in Arizona and you are looking for plumbers, you can contact some plumber in Phoenix. Mould and damp conditions create a health hazard by irritating your eyes, ears, nose and throat. Additionally, such conditions cause sneezing, coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. All these health hazards can be avoided by keeping your home dry. Here’s how to do it:
• Repair any leaks.
• Use exhaust fans when taking a shower or cooking.
• Ensure your clothes and other fabrics are completely dry before storing them.
• Using a humidifier, keep humidity low in your home whenever necessary.
• Remove basement clutter, and decongest each room to avoid mould from building up.
Always Keep It Clean
One of the most significant ways of creating a healthy home is by keeping it clean. You should control dust and other contaminants in your home by thoroughly cleaning all interior and exterior areas. Clear any unnecessary outdoor plants growing around your home, dispose of any garbage, declutter your basement and clean and disinfect all surfaces.
Use ideal cleaners and detergents to clean your kitchen, bedrooms, pavements, bathrooms, lounge and any other room within your home.
Fully Ventilate your Home
Letting in fresh and clean air is undeniably one of the most fundamental steps in creating a healthy home. To give your home a touch of fresh air, you need to keep it well ventilated.
Proper ventilation keeps away smoke and other toxic gases such as carbon monoxide and radon. Here is how you can ensure your home is fully ventilated.
• Install ventilation in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living room.
• Frequently open your doors and windows when the prevailing weather is permitting.
• Maintain your ventilation system and furnace by having a qualified technician inspect them regularly.
• Clean and change your filters as recommended.
Ensure your Home is Safe
Here is what you can do to keep it safe:
• Store chemicals and other poisonous substances such as pesticides out of reach of children.
• Ensure any stored chemicals are properly labelled to avoid any mix-up.
• Keep children playing areas free from hard and sharp objects.
• Keep fire extinguishers at hand.
• Install carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors and ensure they are working efficiently at all time.
Keep It Pest-Free
Pests and bugs can be a nuisance in our homes. Some, such as mice and cockroaches, may pick E. coli and Salmonella bacteria as they rummage through the garbage, thus exposing your family to infections.
You can keep your home pest-free by:
• Keeping your house dust and contaminants free through regular dusting and cleaning.
• Sealing any openings and cracks within your home.
• Draining any clogged pipes and water paths to destroy pests’ breeding grounds.
• Store your foodstuffs in pest-resistant containers.
• Use human-friendly pesticides.
• Fumigate your home regularly.
In some cases, it may be extremely difficult to permanently eliminate pests and bugs, even after adopting these tips. In such an instance, you may need help from professionals. If you find yourself in such a situation, feel free to contact Excel Pest Services. They offer professional pest removal and disinfection services that will give your home a fresh feel.
Properly Maintain your Home
Maintaining your home involves conducting regular inspections to ensure everything is in order. Inspecting alone isn’t enough; you should make an effort to take care of any problems and repairs before they develop into serious issues that may interfere with your family’s health. If the repairs are beyond what you can handle, seek help from experts.
We all have different preferences when it comes to taking care of our homes, but one thing that remains constant is keeping them healthy. A healthy home is a comfortable haven to live in, and it basically contributes to the general well-being of your entire family.
- READ MORE:- healthkaregua