It is quite common to have your hair treated chemically in order to revamp your mane and get a quick upgrade. Be it perms, curls, straightening, colouring… the list can be endless. However, this can truly damage the strength and structure of your hair. Additionally, using the wrong products afterwards, like not using SLS and paraben-free shampoos, can do more harm than good to your hair. That’s why it is important to give your hair the care it needs after going through a literal chemical hell.
So, here are some tips on what you can do to protect your hair from further damage and keep your chemically treated hair in a pristine condition.
Tips on caring for your chemically treated hair
If you’ve just got your hair chemically treated, follow the below-mentioned tips to ensure that it doesn’t become prone to damage.
* First and foremost, use products that are meant for chemically treated hair, for example shampoos for chemically treated hair.
* Don’t wash your hair every day as that strips it of its natural oils.
* Use Best sulphate-free shampoos as they are gentle on the hair
* Use a hair mask that nourishes and conditions your hair deeply.
* Cover your hair in the sun, as the rays can be as damaging to your chemically treated hair as they are for your skin.
* Get regular haircuts or hair trims to get rid of the dull and dry ends.
* Always opt for lukewarm to normal water to rinse the hair instead of hot water.
* Apply hot oil to your ends to keep them moisturised and well-nourished.
* Better your hair from within by eating healthy and taking essential supplements.
* Reduce the use of heat on your hair.
Now that we are well acquainted with the basics of taking care of chemically treated hair, let’s move on to finding the right shampoo for you.
The Right Shampoo for Chemically Treated Hair
It’s true that using a regular shampoo on chemically treated hair can be a sure shot recipe for disaster. However, you don’t always need to rely on the shampoos available in salons to help your hair bounce back. You can enjoy the benefits of professional shampoos, crafted for chemically treated hair, right at home.
Here are some choices you might want to consider.
Godrej Professional’s Keracare Repair Shampoo
Chemically treated hair can be extremely fragile and need to be meticulously taken care of. Hence, we recommend using the Godrej Professional Keracare Repair Shampoo to make hair damaged, chemically treated hair healthy.
How to use this shampoo?
- Apply the Keracare Repair Shampoo evenly on your wet hair and scalp.
- Lather it at well the roots and work it through the lengths of your hair.
- Rinse well.
Enriched with the goodness of grapeseed oil, this shampoo improves overall hair health. It locks in moisture and combats frizz while reviving chemically treated hair. Use it at least twice a week for best results.
Godrej Professional’s Keracare Recharge Shampoo
After chemically treating your hair, you will need a shampoo that’s devoid of any harsh chemicals and works towards nourishing your hair by restoring its softness and shine. No matter your hair texture, this sulphate-free shampoo will repair the roughness and dullness of your hair and make them healthier and bouncier.
How to Use?
- Apply the Keracare Recharge Shampoo evenly on your wet hair and scalp.
- Lather it well at the roots and work it through the lengths of your hair.
- Rinse well.
Enriched with the goodness of Acai oil and menthol, this sulphate free shampoo nourishes hair while providing a cooling sensation on the scalp. It is ideal for normal to dry hair and provides an instant boost of moisture making hair soft, healthy and bouncy.
Your questions, answered!
1. Is this product suitable for coloured hair?
Yes, the Keracare Recharge Shampoo is absolutely colour-safe and can be used on colour-treated hair.
2. What is the expiry date of this product?
You can use this product for 30 months from the date of manufacturing.
3. What should I do if the product comes in contact with my eye?
You must rinse your eyes with water immediately; if the irritation persists, please consult a doctor.
4. Can both men and women use this product?
Absolutely, both men and women can use the Keracare Recharge Shampoo.
5. Is this a sulphate-free shampoo?
Yes, this is a SLS and paraben-free shampoo
We hope this helps you choose the best shampoo for your chemically treated hair. So, wait no more and include these in your hair-care routine to ensure your mane is protected throughout and looking as fabulous as you.