error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch
Numerous network issues plague the Nintendo Switch, but most of them may be easily fixed. Error code 2123-1502 indicates that the system cannot maintain a reliable connection with the Nintendo servers.
As a result, you will receive this error when downloading or updating apps and games. To put it another way, the issue impacts the Nintendo eShop.
The most common cause is faulty Nintendo servers or a slow internet connection. There are other possible culprits and solutions to your problem.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – How to Fix “Error Code 2123-1502” on Nintendo Switch?
You can test each one individually while we work through a series of fixes to get the eShop to function on your console. The fixes include everything from updating the console to changing your DNS.
If you’ve tried downloading the content again several times without success, try these fixes.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Power Cycle
Let us begin with a power cycle. It’s a type of soft reset that removes random system issues. The process will also clear the console’s cache. In case you’re curious, the cache is a temporary file folder. For faster access, the Nintendo Switch stores data that it needs more frequently in a folder. However, after a while, it can become bloated and out of control.
- Holding down the power button at the top will turn off the console. power switch PlayStation Switch
- Disconnect all of its cords. For instance, unplug it entirely from the dock if it is connected to the TV.
- Hold off for at least a minute. Remove the SD card from the console as well while you wait.
- Press and hold the power button for roughly 30 seconds while unplugging the console to use up any leftover power.
- Reconnect the console’s power and insert the SD card.
- Reverse the console.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Reboot Router
Similarly, restarting your router would be beneficial. Here are the steps you must take:
- Turn off your router, modem, or gateway.
- For one minute, unplug all of its cables.
- Reconnect the gadgets.
- Switch on your modem, router, and gateway.
Wait about a minute before testing the connection on the Nintendo Switch again.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Clean the Ca
A power cycle does clean the cache, however there is a better and more reliable alternative. It’s also available on Nintendo’s interface.
- On the controller, press the Home button.
- Navigate to System Settings.
- Navigate to System.
- Scroll down to discover and pick Formatting Options on the right.
- Choose Reset Cache.
The choice will delete anyobsolete or faulty data as well as anything the Nintendo Switch is not currently using. In addition, regardless of what the option says, you will remain logged in to your console and retain all of your saved data and games.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Update the Nintendo Switch
The console needs to be updated next. Compatibility problems will be resolved, and errant software flaws will be removed.
- Your controller’s Home button should be pressed.
- To access the System Settings, click the gear symbol on the Home menu. Switch system preferences
- On the left, select System.
- The System Update option is on the right.
- Choose Update, then click Ok if an update is available.
- Restart the console after it has updated.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Add a Public DNS
The DNS service converts IP addresses (from services, lobbies, websites, and other similar sources) into something that your devices can comprehend.
Your DNS may differ from Nintendo’s online services at times. The solution is to use a public DNS, which is available for free from IT companies such as Google and Cloudflare.
- Your controller’s Home button should be tapped.
- Choosing System Settings
- On the left, select Internet.
- On the right, select Internet Settings.
- Choose a network.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Visiting DNS Settings
- Choose Manual.
- Enter the Google DNS address:
Save your changes after that, then visit the eShop once more.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Change the MTU Size
A data packet’s MTU (maximum transmission unit) is its size. So, the network may not be suitable for the incorrect MTU configuration.
Again, press the Home button.
Choose System Settings.
Navigate to the Internet.
Select Internet Options.
Select your network.
Change Settings should be selected.
Set the MTU value to 1500.
Save your changes.
Start the Nintendo Switch again.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Disable Auto-Sleep
If your Nintendo Switch goes to sleep while downloading, updates and downloads might not finish. It takes place as a result of the console losing connection when in standby mode.
Therefore, we advise disabling the Sleep mode as follows:
- Hit the home button on the game controller.
- system settings, please.
- On the left, select Sleep Mode.
- On the right, click Auto-Sleep.
- Choose Never.
You may now try downloading again from the shop.
error code 2123-1502 Nintendo Switch – Factory Reset the Nintendo Switch
If everything else fails, try resetting the Nintendo Switch to factory settings. You will be able to keep your data, and also ugly problems in the system software will be removed.
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on your Nintendo Switch:
- Press the Home button on the controller.
- Decide on System Settings.
- Navigate to System.
- Choose Formatting Options.
- Head over to Initialize Console.
- Select Next.
- Choose Initialize.
- Wait until the process is completed.